About Your Stay
Check in time is 4:00 p.m. and checkout is 1:00 p.m.
• All guests must register at the office, indicate the number of nights they plan to stay, and obtain a vehicle pass.
• Each of our lodges has a fully equipped kitchen including a stove(s), microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator.
• There are washers and dryers in all lodges except Log Cabin.
• Barbeque grills are supplied but please bring charcoal if you plan to use them (a limited supply of charcoal is for sale at the office).
• We supply linens and towels. You may wish to bring beach towels for use in lodges with hot tubs and when using the pool in the summer months.
• We have high chairs, cribs, and portable beds. Call ahead and we will have them in your unit.
• You will find a complimentary bag of ice in your unit when you arrive and there is ice for sale at the office.
• Our lodges are not equipped with air conditioning. Fans are available on request or you may bring your own.
• Our lodges do not have televisions or telephones. There is a pay phone located next to the pool.
• Barothy Lodge is a wildlife preserve in a diverse ecosystem. We have a firm NO PET POLICY. Our guests enjoy the many woodland-and-wetland winged and four-legged creatures that populate Barothy and the surrounding Manistee National Forest. We greatly appreciate your help in protecting Barothy’s natural environment.
• All guests are welcome at the community fire pit. Feel free to bring musical instruments and s’mores makings. Because Barothy Lodge is located in the woods and fire danger is often a concern, we have a NO CAMPFIRES and NO FIREWORKS policy.
• Although there is NO HUNTING on Barothy property, cased and unloaded guns can be transported from your vehicle to your lodge. Hunters, be advised: we do not make exceptions for hunting dogs.
• Lodge policy states that we are not responsible for items left behind. Please check carefully for all belongings prior to leaving on your departure date. Items left behind may be packaged and shipped at the owner’s expense.